Access PC behind a router

General talks about LiteManager utility.

Access PC behind a router

Postby bscerra » 13 Aug 2010, 13:50

I posted this earlier but it did not display
Can you access a PC behind a router (like COX, Verizon FiOS, etc)?
Are there instructions that I could see for the process?
bscerra

Re: Access PC behind a router

Postby tstephenson » 13 Aug 2010, 20:58

I've been testing this and when I use NAT to pass the port 5650 to the IP address of the internal system it does seem to work for me but I have not tested this from the outside world.
How you do the network address translation depends on how it is done in your specific router/switch.
tstephenson

Postby admin » 14 Aug 2010, 07:19

The "Callback Connection" feature allows the server to initiate a network connection. Due to this mechanism, it is possible to connect even to a server that is behind a firewall or if its IP address is unknown.
Callback instruction in attachment
Best Regards LiteManagerTeam
admin
Администратор

Postby owensdj » 18 Aug 2010, 18:06

Like the Admin said, you set up the server-side(the PC you want to control remotely) to use a Callback Connection. On the server you set a callback connection that has the IP address of your viewer computer. If your viewer computer doesn't have a static address you can use DynDNS to get a name that resolves to the dynamic IP address. You'd put in the name instead of the IP address.

On the viewer side you'll need to set up port forwarding if your computer is behind a NAT router. You'll need to forward port 5651 to the computer that's running the viewer software. The server will attempt to call the viewer every 60 seconds, by default. You'll get an invitation to connect.
owensdj

Postby risher1 » 20 Aug 2010, 15:22

I have a Belkin router and set up a virtual server passing port 5650 to my 192.168.2.X computer with no problems. It works fine without using any call back function.
risher1

Return to LiteManager: General Discussions